JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep  (Read 17265 times)

Offline JustinS

• JOCCI Member
Re: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
 You leaking from every nook and cranny?

Offline GeckoGlow

• BOD
  • I'm here for the wheelin'
Re: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2018, 07:25:44 PM »
All 4 of the front UCA bushings were replaced last weekend. It does drive down the road better, but I'm still getting some shaking in the steering wheel in the 40-50 mph range. I might take a look at the bushings in the lower arms next.

The front of the oil pan and rear main seal have been leaking for at least 7 years. Now that the Jeep is in my hands, I put an end to that earlier this week. While under there, I noticed the Rzeppa joint boot, on the front driveshaft at the transfer case, was torn. So now I'm running around in a 2WD Jeep.

On very rare occasions, it feels as if the transmission slips into neutral. It happened to my sister a few times and only done it once since I've had it. I was able to coast into a parking lot and when I slowed down to about 5 mph, it shifted back into gear and everything was normal again. At 148k miles, I don't think the fluid has ever been changed and that's way overdue. I'll drop the pan and see what I see.
'13 JK Wrangler - The wheeling rig
'01 WJ Grand Cherokee - The daily & farm runner