JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Thinking about installing a lift  (Read 817 times)

Offline REHTNUG

• Forum Only Member
Thinking about installing a lift
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:31 PM »
Hello and good day to all.  I am a new member to JOCCI.  Great to be a part of a local club.

So here is my battle.  I am wanting to install a 2.5" lift on my 2012 JKU.  I am up in the air between the Teraflex S\T2,  JKS jspec, or the Metalcloak brand one.   I have also thought about the Mopar 2" lift as well.

So can anybody give there thoughts and opinions on what you have and what you like about it.

I am thinking that the Teraflex kit is going to be my best option for the price it costs.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your replies.

Offline JKU4LIFE

• JOCCI Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
Re: Thinking about installing a lift
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:40:30 PM »
I started with AEV 2" spacer then went to Teraflex 3 inch and then 4 in EVO conversation from Teraflex. Now at 3" with long arms on my new Jeep.
Lord of factors, you are better off meeting with someone or coming to a meeting to discuss because the bigger you get the more variables you get into but a few people in the club have had some of those lifts you mentioned

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline REHTNUG

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Thanks JKU4LIFE.  I have been wanting to get to one of the get togethers.  I need to make it happen sooner then later.

Offline Rubi Rob

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 05:06:30 AM »
I have and like the Mopar 2" lift. I like the fact that it came with the double cardan front drive shaft. Would I do it again, yes. I paid just under $1,000.

Offline CyberShanks

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »
I just recently put a Rock Krawler 2.5" x-factor kit on my wife's '12 JKU Rubi.  Performs great, rides great, replaces quite a bit of wear items underneath.  Control arms, track bars, brake lines, swaybar links, springs, shocks, etc.  It is a bit pricey but figured it was tons cheaper than a new Jeep.  Her '12 has just over 100k miles on it now.

Jim

Offline VitaMeVas

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 09:19:18 AM »
For what it's worth, I've been running a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift on my 2010 JKU for about 7 years.  It's worked well for me, but IT IS VERY STIFF.  Crawling in Moab, you feel every hit.  But i've never had any part fail.  I run 35" Nitro's or Toyo's and Bilstein shocks with it.  Also run the Teraflex front lower CA.  JKS front trackbar.  If I had it to do over again, I might think about EVO.  But to each his own.  I have come to learn that Teraflex does a lot of non-USA parts (if that's important to you).  Pro's and con's to all systems.  I also would stay away from dual rate coils unless your Jeep is light.  Otherwise, with a winch, gear, etc... the softer side of the coil stays compressed most of the time and you're always riding on the stiffer part anyways (just less of it).  Good luck.

Sent via Etch-a-sketch with twisty knobs

VitaMeVas

Offline REHTNUG

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »
Hello and good day to all.  Thanks for all your reply's and input.  I ended up going with the Teraflex S/T2 lift with the Falcon 2.1 shocks.  I added 1" spacers up front and 1/2" in the rear.  As well as a Teraflex rear adjustable track bar.  I did not end up using the exhaust spacers as they would have interfered with my skid plates.  I plan to purchase an after market front driveshaft to correct the issue for clearance.  So until I do that I will just not disconnect the front sway bar to hopefully prevent any damage.

Have a great day and safe wheeling