JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 112 times)

Offline Lilthayer

• Forum Only Member
New Guy
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »
Hey all,

So I am a proud Jeep owner in the Iowa City area.  I've been making my 2008 JKU my own for the past couple years (owned for 5yrs), and am looking to take it out to get dirty and have some fun.  Problem is, there seems to be no real trails or Jeep clubs in the area.  Looking to meet up with fellow Jeepers to have some fun with.

Thanks much for everyone's time!

Happy Jeeping!

-JT

Offline JustinS

• BOD
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:59:46 PM »
Welcome!!

Offline uncleben03

• JOCCI Member
  • I wheel. When it's dry. Or rocky.
Re: New Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
Welcome!  I'm north of CR.  I've always thought it was crazy that there are no Jeep Clubs in CR.  But, I think that comes with not having much suitable land available.  The land that Cedar Valley Jeep Owners, JOCCI, and some other clubs have available is down by Oskaloosa. 

Side note, I don't know how long you've been into Jeeps but I always like to check.  There used to be the Trailhogs Jeep Club out of Solon, back when 600 Acres (now Lakeview OHV Park) was open to fullsize vehicles, but the park closed to fullsize vehicles in about 2004 and the club went defunct with nowhere to wheel.
05 LJ with stuff