JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: JK, JKU Facts  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Re: JK, JKU Facts
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Someone did at SMORR when I was there. I think it may have been Jason Fjeld.
Stock for now...

Offline FlyingForMe

• Forum Only Member
  • Chad
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
Apparently the t-tops are designed to be used without the rest of the hardtop  if desired. Assuming that is what these flip tabs are for.

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »
True, you can do freedom tops with out rear or vise versa with rear only.
|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline gtaIon

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »

Now on Maggie's jku, it has roughly 4" of lift right now, and I have put f-lca's , break lines and adjustable track bars on it.  The lca I put on out of desire and not necessity, same as the track bars. Break lines were needed, and her front drive shaft has been missing the boot for 2 years. So that shall get replaced soon.
  Just saying that each of the two jeeps I have lifted didn't go by any set rules as to needing to replace certain thing's... They reacted differently however slight to the same lift.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I was looking for the boot for the slip joint (Mopar makes a replacement kit)  and I see that Crown Automotive does make a boot replacement kit for the CV joint boot.  Here is the link for the front CV joint boot.
http://www.crownautomotive.net/product/YJ-Front-Prop-Shaft/528533FRK.html

Looks like amazon has the kit for just about $90
http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automotive-528533FRK-Joint-Repair/dp/B00ES4WQYM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:24:17 AM by gtaIon »
You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way! ~Dr. Seuss

Offline xflstl

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »

Now on Maggie's jku, it has roughly 4" of lift right now, and I have put f-lca's , break lines and adjustable track bars on it.  The lca I put on out of desire and not necessity, same as the track bars. Break lines were needed, and her front drive shaft has been missing the boot for 2 years. So that shall get replaced soon.
  Just saying that each of the two jeeps I have lifted didn't go by any set rules as to needing to replace certain thing's... They reacted differently however slight to the same lift.

I was looking for the boot for the slip joint (Mopar makes a replacement kit)  and I see that Crown Automotive does make a boot replacement kit for the CV joint boot.  Here is the link for the front CV joint boot.
http://www.crownautomotive.net/product/YJ-Front-Prop-Shaft/528533FRK.html

Looks like amazon has the kit for just about $90
http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automotive-528533FRK-Joint-Repair/dp/B00ES4WQYM
I won't be replacing the boot, as it will only get torn off again. It just simply needs an after market drive shaft..

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
Yep like Sean said, don't waste your money fixing your factory driveshaft! Buy an aftermarket one and don't worry about it.
Stock for now...

Offline JustinS

• BOD
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
The jk's transfer case shifter link bushing is a cheap peice of plastic that is prone to breaking.  You will know if this happens becuase your transfer case shifter will move freely and you'll be stuck in the gear range where it broke.  There are two bushings one on the bottom of the shifter stick in the center console and one underneath the Jeep just above where the front driveshaft meets the transfer case.  They just pop on and off.
It may be a good idea to keep a couple in the glove box, just incase.

Mopar Part number: 68064273AB

Edit: The bushings are meant to be sacrificial and save your transfer case from damage if your lever attempts to force your transfer case into another range when it's not ready to shift.  There are DIY fixes out there to permanantly modify the bushing so it never breaks away as intended by the engineers.  The $3 bushing costs a lot less to replace then a transfer case if you decide to DIY it.

Just ordered some of these for spares.  Last farm trip i was noticing some issues shifting into 4 lo, dont want to break without a cheap part on hand.