JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Scout Campout and Jeeping Demo October 20th-22nd - Wheeling on Saturday Oct 21  (Read 1420 times)

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
As of right now it looks like we should be a go for Saturday.  We may get a little patch of rain in the early morning, but according to the different weather sites, it won't amount to any more than enough to keep the dust down.  After that, it looks like we should be rain free through early to mid afternoon.  It has been dry all week, so the ground can easily soak up what little we may get in the early morning.

I'm going to continue to watch how the forecast evolves and make the final call tomorrow for the boy scouts, but as of now we are planning on this!
'13 JKU Rubicon  AEV 4.5RS   35s

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
We're looking to make a decision for the boy scouts by noon today as to whether we camp out here and go wheeling or go to our backup campout location.  I'd appreciate it if people could post up this morning that they will be able to make it tomorrow so that I know we will have enough jeeps.

As of now the weather looks like it will just be mostly cloudy all day with a small chance of rain after 2pm and otherwise good until 6pm.  It couldn't get much better than that for wheeling!

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
This trip is a go!

So far I have Scott, Cody, Rick and Myself.   Bill, Paul and Ryan are maybes.  More are welcome!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:41:58 AM by JK Joe »

Offline FJRick

• JOCCI Member
 I'm in! Here's my YPT Cert.:

See you tomorrow morning! I'll just be going directly to the Farm since I'll be coming from the east.
2004 TJ Sport- 3.5in. Metalcloak Game Changer Short Arm Long Travel lift, ARB Front and Rear air lockers, Warn Rock Sliders, Fuel Tank Skid, and Winch, Skid Row front bumper, Engine Skid, and Radiator Skid, 35 X 12.50 X 15 Cooper STT Pro's

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
I'm getting ready to head out with the scouts.  I'll see you guys out there in the morning.  I was thinking that if you planned to get there around 9:30 to 10 am that would work best.  There is a small chance of rain before that around 8 then clear after that through the rest of the day.

Since all of you are East of Des Moines, it doesn't make sense to plan to leave from Des Moines.  Unless someone else chimes in.  Then you can pick them up on the way.

Scott - I don't have much internet reception out there, so I may not see if someone posts up here. If anyone does, could you help coordinate.

Thanks again guys and I'll see you guys out there!

Offline GoNCommando

• JOCCI Member
Re: Scout Campout and Jeeping Demo
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I had an e-mail down at the office incident (it was a busy day).
The weather looks like it will hold off, so I will be down in the morning.

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
Sorry for the late reply, I had an e-mail down at the office incident (it was a busy day).
The weather looks like it will hold off, so I will be down in the morning.

Awesome!  Make sure you bring your back seat.  See ya in the morning

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
Hey David - just wanted to make sure that you caught that we didn't have anyone meeting in Des Moines since the others were east of Des Moines. See you soon

Offline JustinS

• BOD
You guys having fun in the rain?

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
This ended up being a great success!  Thanks to Bill, Scott, Rick and David for coming out to wheel with the scouts!  The rain just missed us on Saturday morning and we had sunny skies for most of the day.  The jeeps left at around 2 and the boys explored and played capture the flag until we left at 4.  With the amount of rain we were expecting, including the weather notice that some thunderstorms may be severe, we decided to not camp tonight.  We would normally camp in this rain, but the farm would have been a muddy mess to camp in and drive out of.

21 Boy Scouts and 7 leaders ended coming out for camping and wheeling and all had an excellent time!

Offline JustinS

• BOD
Awesome!

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
Glad to hear it was a success! Always one of my favorite events because of how much it means to the scouts. Wish I could have helped this year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's