Public Area > Builds

DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep

(1/25) > >>

GeckoGlow:
As most of you already know, I inherited a WJ to compliment my JK. Getting the build thread going, cause mods should start happening in June.

GeckoGlow's WJ Build & General Rig Discussion Thread

(This first post will be updated as changes are made.)

Current Specs:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Stats:
  Wheelbase: 106"
  Weight: 4,200 lb

Drivetrain:
  4.0L I6
  42RE Automatic
  NV-242 Selec-trac, low gear ratio: 2.72:1
  Dana 30 front axle
  Dana 35 rear axle

Suspension:
  BDS 2" springs
  Bilstein 5100 shocks
   - Front travel: 8.51"
   - Rear travel: 9.23"
  JKS Quicker Disconnects
  Hockey Puck bumpstops
   - Front: 3"
   - Rear: 2"

Wheels & Tires:
  AEV JK Pintlers, 17x8.5", 5.2" backspacing, black
  265/70 R17 (~32" x 10.5") Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Lighting:
  KC 100W auxiliary driving lights

Armor & Body:
  Chopped and dented plastic bumpers
  Cut and rolled fenders for tire clearance

Current Pic:

GeckoGlow:
This Jeep has been in my family its whole life. My mom bought it brand new in February of 2001. It was our vehicle of choice for long road trips and hauling the family around town. Plenty of memories made with this Jeep. In August of 2010, my mom upgraded to a 2011 WK2, and the WJ became my sister's first vehicle.

Like any older vehicle, it has its issues, but it survived my sister, two minor accidents, and the 4.0 is running strong with only 142,000 miles on it. Throughout its time as my sister's vehicle, I was constantly saying that I'd like to have it when she's done with it.

Back in the beginning of March, the radiator cracked and I had zero time to get it fixed. My sister ended up buying her college graduation gift, a 2011 JK. Obviously, she wants to be as cool as her big brother.

Now the WJ is mine. Ordered up a new radiator, swapped out the cracked one, and put the WJ into daily driver duties.

GeckoGlow:
Started the first round of minor mods tonight. Front and rear recovery points, chopping the front bumper, and getting the chrome grille ready for some black.

Rough cut of bumper trim, front hook in place:

Hitch needs to be cleaned up a bit, but the new rear bumper is already pre-dented!:  :HiFive

JustinS:
Pre dented? Score!

GeckoGlow:
Front end all freshened up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version