Public Area > Builds

Project Tater

(1/6) > >>

TaterTot:
Starting the process of my jeep since I've had it for a few months now and getting more into the "jeep" lifestyle as I own it. Constantly looking at different options I want that can't afford yet and what's the extreme and what's  the necessary.

I got my JKU Sahara with sadly 3.21 gears and didn't realize it at first and was misled at the dealership in ankeny about the gears/tow package and was told my Wrangler had a 2" lift but it clearly doesn't. I jumped the gun but won't let that stop me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaterTot:
I recently started taking it off the pavement and actually started to drip her toes in the sand. I started out super slow, where I'd barely climb a curb because I didn't want to damage anything on my new ride. I took her to saylorville bridge and found a nice rut to try to drive over (which I couldn't have done in my VW Jetta prior)

TaterTot:
Quickly realized that the headlights were horrible and was watching a lot of jeep videos and found rattletrap. Rattle trap is this monster of a jeep with a truck bed and a cummins 6bt engine. They were going over a build list for rattle trap and they used JW speaker lighting and I thought in my head, if they put these headlights on a $300,000+ build then they must be good. I got the evolution 8700 j's and I couldnt be happier for a headlight.

TaterTot:
I quickly realized my limitations are my fenders for clearance for the 33.34" tires currently on Tater Tot. Currently I've been looking at either flat fenders or a 2.5" teraflex lift kit to make more room. These kind of mods may have to wait for a bonus check or two, or tax returns because I can dump the cash to afford them but I won't let that stop me. I still try to take my "stock" jeep out to do things risking scratching the wheels or paint by climbing some smaller hills and some logs when driving around in random places.

TaterTot:
I may have just started and have only just begun thinking about changing from stock, but I will progress slowly but surely. A lot of help since following some jeep pages and especially this forum along with the people in it. Advised to take my steps off so I did, easy thing to do and I can say I love wrenching on my jeep that I haven't even had an oil change for yet. When doing any mods to my jeep I'm hoping to take part in them rather than handing her off to a shop and just waiting. I want to be a part of the process. Hopefully I can start working on the flat fenders or lift kit soon so I can push a little further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version