JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Mini cj2a build  (Read 2489 times)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
Re: Mini cj2a build
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 12:33:14 AM »
Fenders on. Cowl on, hood attached

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »
Made a tiny little frame and mounted the engine.

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:36 PM »
Had a little time to bend some tube and make a windshield.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
A couple of other pics

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 01:14:49 AM »
Tonight's progress. Front spindles will get changed out for shorter ones.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »
As I start in the fun stuff- drivetrain, exhaust and steering, I found I needed to be able to work on it with it supported by the only the frame. So I built a tiny "lift" that I can clamp into my vise cart and can clamp the frame to the lift. Much easier than working on a table.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 12:23:51 AM »
Original plan was to have the rear sprocket line up with the motor/clutch. This would put the large tooth sprocket towards the middle of the jeep (like a diff) but would leave very little clearance. So for $40 more, I snuck a jackshaft in to allow me to move the sprocket near the tire. This also allowed me to make room for the 79cc gas tank above the rear axle. Originally I had planned on putting a 1 gallon Jerry can off the back for the gas tank along with a spare tire. Everything is turning out good so far. I realized I didn't have a chain break for a #35 (I thought my bicycle break would do it, but not big enough to hold it), and after fighting forever with a vise and punch, I gave up. Will order a break. So here's some progress pics

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
Drove it to work :)

Offline JustinS

• BOD
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »
 Just noticed the pvanfab sticker on your quarter, I'm going to need one of those.

Pew pew pew

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2017, 11:59:50 PM »
Cut the tub for the main drive chain, made a tunnel to cover it.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »
It's going to be really tight but I think I can make the steering work with a few bent brackets that will be fun to fabricate.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 01:39:55 AM »
Got started on the steering. Made a bracket that will mount in 3 places for the front part of the steering u joint. Was a fun bracket to make, still has a few things to add to it.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
I got the 1" tube kit today and pieced together what I need with the exhaust. So I don't have to use my ugly bent up header lol

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:06 AM »
Before I could figure out the whole steering setup, I had to establish how I would be sitting in it. So I made the seat mount. I bought a go kart cushion and the steering upright that came with the $8.95 steering shaft I needed, was used as the backrest. I will have hinges on the Willys cutout piece to access the gas tank below.