JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Jeep JK snow plow build  (Read 4835 times)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
Re: Jeep JK snow plow build
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Thanks Luke! I think we jinxed ourselves lol, but I could handle never needing to use it ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 07:22:58 AM »
That thing is huge Paul, did you have plow envy lol.  Yep those welds are getting better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
That thing is huge Paul, did you have plow envy lol.  Yep those welds are getting better

Lol, well, unfortunately a jku with 3.5" backspacing is pretty wide, so I had to go with 90" width blade, but if I angle it, I won't be covering all my tracks :(

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Hmm sounds fishy, next time it snows a lot, you should bring it over and show me what you mean on my drive way ;-)

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline CyberShanks

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »
I think I helped out with the jynx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 09:17:30 PM »
Haha, nice Jim! I see the plow shoes- and I know you have a lot more land now, is some of your drive gravel?

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 02:01:48 AM »
More work on the snow plow
Almost everything done except the kickers to the frame

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
Almost done, just need to design the kickers to the frame yet.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »
Started on the pieces for the kickers.

Cutting the 40 degree angle was easy. Cutting the 50 degree required some creativity :)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 07:37:52 AM »
Test fitting kicker, tight clearances, issues at first with steering box, trackbar mount, but got it now.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
A couple pics of clearancing the bracket

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »
I decided to make a change :) I had originally made the frame crossmember braces to clear what they needed to (with some extra cuts lol) and then I would connect them to the kickers below the swaybar. I realized thru shorter pieces and less welding, it would be stronger if I could attach above the swaybar. So I made some wider frame cradle pieces and bent 2 new pieces to make new frame crossmember brackets.
In the end, it will be also easier to mount/dismount the plow.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »
And besides I was looking for a reason to remake these double bend pieces, because they are not easy to do ;) not really hard, but they take a lot of patience, as you remove some of the first bend when you do the second, so often a third bend is needed to get everything straight again.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »
All the pieces are fabricated, just need to burn in the kickers. Then some grinding and off to powder coat next week.

How do I clean up after cutting and grinding? :)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:54:12 AM by pvanweelden »

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 01:47:13 AM »
Burning in the kickers to the main mount.

All done. Just need to grind a bit and then off to powder coat next week.