JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Atch's EVOlution  (Read 18029 times)

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« on: May 04, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »
Ever since the JKU's came out I was always interested in getting one. When I was Jeep shopping I didn't have any idea what I was getting myself into. I had kind of put getting a jeep on the back burner until the Sahara Tan color came out in 2011 and knew I had to get it. So after getting dicked around at Dewey's I found a bargain at Stew's. I bought my Jeep March of 2011.

Looks funny to see them stock after all the mods we have done. I immediately bought rear light guards and a set of grab handles.

After a few months of talking with an ex-JOCCI member at work and finding JK-forum the big had bitten me. In November of 2011 I slapped on some 33" Toyos and AEV pintlers.

Next came the Lift in December of 2011. After a lot of researching I decided on the Old Man Emu 2" heavy duty kit. I also threw on a JKS front adjustable track bar at this time, and some JKS quicker discos.  I netted around 3" of lift.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:58:56 PM by Atch »
Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
In February of 2012 I finally decided to join JOCCI. A couple of weeks later I finally went wheeling at M.O.N.

It was a muddy greasy mess but I was happy with what I accomplished that day. After I made it up this greasy hill Scott rolled his, good thing we went before him.

After this trip I started getting a list of everything I wanted and finally realized what JEEP really stands for (Just Empty Every Pocket)!

I started adding a few accessories in the spring of 2011:
  -trektop nx soft top
  -sPOD
  -ARB under hood compressor

In June a group of us decided to head to SMORR so I decided it was time to Armor up.

I ordered the EVO quarter pound front bumper with Stinger. The EVO rocker guard rock skins and rock sliders but we were unable to weld them to the frame before we left.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:39:08 AM by Atch »
Stock for now...

Offline Luke Graham

• Vendor
  • wheelin' and dealin'
    • Frontier 4x4
Re: Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »
Cool transformation. I like EVO's products, been selling/installing them since 2008.
www.frontier4x4.com - For the best prices on everything off-road
Luke Graham - (641) 931-0223

www.facebook.com/frontier4x4
www.offroadiowa.com - Iowa's off-road information source

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »
Cool transformation. I like EVO's products, been selling/installing them since 2008.

Thanks Luke, pretty much all my mods are EVO now.
Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 06:56:50 PM »
Shortly after the bumper I decided to go with the Engo 10k winch with synthetic line. I've used it a couple of times without any issues.

Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:18:18 PM »
In December 2012 I decided I wanted to go bigger. I had been drooling over the EVO bolt on coilover kit since it came out and decided that is what I wanted. The front was a pretty easy install but I ran into a few snags on the rear but eventually I got it all installed. Having an auto I had to install an aftermarket front driveshaft, the stock was too wide and would hit on the cross member.I went with a coast 1310.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:55:00 AM by Atch »
Stock for now...

Offline klimb2xs

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Looks great! Can't wait to see it on the rock at the end of the month. You are going to have an blast!
|
/###[____],
l████▄.▄●llllll●▄
(҉)_)--- (҉)_)---҉)_)
Put down the wrench and step away from the vehicle!

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »
Looks great! Can't wait to see it on the rock at the end of the month. You are going to have an blast!

Thanks Yoch, I can't wait to get out to Moab.
Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 09:52:28 AM »
Next on my list was some oil pan armor and lights. I decided on the EVO oil pan skid, easy install and very heavy duty. For the lights I decided to go with Rigid Dually D2's on the A-pillar and some cheapo Walmart lights for rock lights.
Stock for now...

Offline xflstl

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »
Nice Build Ryan.  Also looks like the Walmart rock lights work pretty dang good!!!  You any details on which lights you used, where and how you attached them?

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »
Nice Build Ryan.  Also looks like the Walmart rock lights work pretty dang good!!!  You any details on which lights you used, where and how you attached them?

I used the round platinum burners they sell at Walmart. Here is the write-up I followed, except I was able to run the wires directly to my sPOD.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4886-Rock-Lights-Walmart-Platinum-Burner-Installation-Write-Up
Stock for now...

Offline xflstl

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
Cool,   Looks like a really easy / cheap / good  mod, I will have to do this soon.

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
Cool,   Looks like a really easy / cheap / good  mod, I will have to do this soon.

About $20 per set
Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 05:04:20 AM »
Next up were some alloy USA chromoly shafts and an Aussie auto locker up front. I was able to get this stuff installed during a talk and tune at "Dave's" house! These are just temporary as I purchased a set of rubi axles from Sean.
Stock for now...

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
Atch's EVOlution
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:43:25 AM »
After our trip to SMORR I had some repairs to make. I replaced my steering stabilizer with a freebie I received the week before.

We also noticed my rear diff had a slight leak. When I got home I cleaned up the cover and noticed it had been smashed up pretty good on the bottom but I tried to reseal it anyways with little luck. The leak came back after a couple of days, so I decided to replace the cover. I went with the poison spyder bomb proof cover.

I also developed a clunk so I took it to Andrew over in Adel and he got me fixed up with 4 new ball joints and a driver side u-joint (under warranty). It's as good as new until we get to Moab anyways!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:18:02 AM by Atch »
Stock for now...