JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Mini cj2a build  (Read 2378 times)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
Re: Mini cj2a build
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »
Mini roll cage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seats that look more original to the cj2a

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2017, 12:46:51 AM »
Made the first seat frame tonight.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:51:55 PM by pvanweelden »
JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2017, 02:59:55 AM »
2nd seat frame made (trailer)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2017, 08:02:17 AM »
I had noticed in one of my pics that the first seat frame looked off, it was 3/16" long on one side. Even tho in the end, you won't see it, I fixed it, because it would bug the sh_t out of me lol
Test fitting both seat frames in the jeep. The 2nd one is for the trailer.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2017, 12:38:18 AM »

my non insulated barely heated garage time has been limited but tonight I bent the frames for the front seats that are "for show" as I High Tower it and drive from the backseat :)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
Made the first removeable front seat frame. I made it so the back of it can fold down. Also got some small buckles for mounting the shovel, axe and garand to the  jeep
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:28:49 PM by pvanweelden »

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
The start of a new project, cut some 3/8" and 1/4" plate. Will need to clean up the holes yet. And made my wife a sign. And made a cart for a dry cut saw

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2018, 12:36:36 AM »

I made a mistake and underestimated how heavy the notcher was when I had it cantilever off the back of my new dry cut saw cart. So tonight I cut the welds off and flipped the top around. Much more stable now

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2018, 01:27:27 AM »
Tonight I made these cute little spring loaded hood clamps to mimic the real ones

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »
Seat frames are done. Need to sew the canvas for cushions.

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
Here's the 2nd set of 3/8 and 1/4 plate pieces for the vertical tube benders I am making. And my shop dog Sprocket now has his face on a fire pit I made for my family.

Offline JustinS

• BOD
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »
Sell the second one yet?

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
Sell the second one yet?
The 2nd bender? Yes, it was sold before I started building it :) you want one?

Offline JustinS

• BOD
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
Not in my budget but I'll rent yours lol

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2018, 09:26:40 PM »
Got to spend some time this afternoon at Marc's amazing shop. Used one of his mills (Lagun Mill) to turn the ovals back into circles (bearings were worn out on the cnc table so it didn't make the circles correctly)