JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Adam's Pink Jeep Build - 2.0  (Read 701 times)

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
Adam's Pink Jeep Build - 2.0
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »
Since all the cool kids are doing build threads, I figured I would need one too.

First off, for the last year I've owned my 4th Jeep and first ever Wrangler. It was a 2013 Rock Lobster Red JKU Sahara. With the help of a few members, it transformed from a overly chrome soccer mom truckster to a legitimate Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
Re: Adam's Pink Jeep Build - 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »
After taking a drive in a long arm lifted Rubicon, I decided I wanted to keep building on my Jeep and go taller. However, it was suggested by a few people that if I'm going to keep building, might as well do it on the correct platform and get one with the cheater buttons. I had been poking around for a couple months and managed to find another 2013, Rubicon, and just my luck, it was Rock Lobster Red (pink)! On top of that, it had 40k less miles, and was the cheapest Rubicon I had seen online within about 250 miles - it was meant to be.

With Kevin's help, we managed to strip my old Sahara of all the hardware and electronics, bumpers and tire carrier - everything but my cheap budget boost, my (and Kevin's) old Trail Grapplers, and spacers. About 11 hours worth of work over Thursday and Friday nights.

Took the drive last Saturday to Manchester, IA and came home with my new toy!

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
Adam's Pink Jeep Build - 2.0
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
After the drive home, I think she sat for about 15 minutes while we unloaded the stuff from the trip and before we grabbed some wrenches and started removing parts. Not only did i want to see if anyone noticed it was a different Jeep (my family didn't for a whole week before I said something to them) but I needed to clean up some garage space so we got to work.

First to come off were the bumpers and side rails, and along with the rails was the mud flaps

Front bumper and side rails went on without much issue.

The rear bumper is a while different story. Not only did it take 3 days of soaking the tow hook nut with PB blaster to remove the black stock recovery hook and replace with red, but the passenger frame rail didn't have the holes in it for the passenger recovery hook at all (for some reason, my Sahara of the same year had those holes but the Rubicon didn't??). Those holes need to be drilled yet and the hitch needs to have the 4 weld nuts ground off so I can get the rear 10A bumper on.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:01:23 AM by Muddy4DSM »

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:57 AM »
Timing for the new project couldn't have been any better either. The Monday after I got this home, someone decided they wanted to buy my Gixxer! Gotta love seeing vehicles for cash :-)

So with that sale, a new lift kit was ordered
Evo Plush Ride coils - 4"
Fox 2.0 Evolution shocks
Teraflex adjustable front trackbar
Rock Krawler high clearance adjustable front lower arms
Teraflex extended sway bar links for the rear
Teraflex exhaust spacers
Synergy rear track bar bracket
Extended brake lines

So far I have everything but the coils which should be here Friday

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »
Along with the lift, new tires were needed. Decided to stick with 35" tires to play it safe rather than jump to 37". Got a hook up from a fellow jeeper and ordered a set of 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country MT tires.

Since I had to keep my old spacers on the old Sahara, I ordered some new ones which should be in today. New tires should be on in the next day or two.

Offline JustinS

• BOD
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
Nice!!!

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
New rollers are on and ready to go.

Offline Morg

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 12:35:32 AM »
 >:D MOAR!
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
Friday night and Saturday morning the lift went on. Worked for about 7 hours on Friday night on it and another 2 or so on Saturday. This is all I have for "in process" pictures.

But this is how we left it Friday night. At this point it still needed lower arms on the front, the front track bar bolted up, steering wheel aligned, axle centered, and brakes bled.

And here's the final product!

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 08:08:53 AM »
Looks Good! Great work everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »
I talked these little bits a week or so back. Quick release pins for the soft top if I want to remove it easily.

Pro Tip: predrill the holes! One of mine snapped while I was installing it and I'm waiting on a replacement.

Offline Muddy4DSM

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »
Also found a deal on a leather kit so I got that installed on my vacation after the 4th of July.

Also installed heated seats while I had the covers off