JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Morg's LJ build PROJECT:Kemosabe **Made in USA**  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Morg

• JOCCI Member
Re: Morg's LJ build PROJECT:Kemosabe **Made in USA**
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 04:41:50 AM »
For steering, tap that box, I've got the bent ram off Julian you can have for free and rebuild. I may have a new shaft and seal kit to go with.
I need to swing down there next week anyways.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."

Offline Morg

• JOCCI Member
Re: Morg's LJ build PROJECT:Kemosabe **Made in USA**
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
I’m a few months behind on the updates. I missed my initial goal of going to BMR in Oklahoma in March, but I made it to SMORR for Howiepalloza…. despite the horrible weather.

Painting…

I assembled everything with rivnuts so I could just zip things apart. I also took the chance to re-wire some things with GM weather pack connectors.

Synergy Steering and trackbar from Frontier 4x4. For a factory style replacement I was impressed. Well engineered and beefy. The adjusters are awesome.

Locked up the front real quick with a Spartan. I didn’t want to put any money into the stock axles, but a lunchbox locker and some spare shafts didn’t seem like that bad of an idea to get me thru summer.

I also installed some Poison Spyder sliders. I liked them on my TJ, might as well put them on this one. I trimmed as much as I dare out of the rear wheel opening. I couldn’t go any higher without taking on a big project. Not too shabby for stock bumps, 3.5” total lift, and 37s.

A few weeks ago we drove 6 hours due south to Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch for Howiepalloza. The only problem I had was some tire balance issues on the way back. My air soft BBs started to clump up. It was still a nice shake down run for our 2000 mile Colorado trip coming up in a month.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:43:30 PM by Morg »
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."