JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Memorial Day Farm Run  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ccarrazco

• JOCCI Member
Memorial Day Farm Run
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:35:08 PM »
5 Rigs:
Justin Scherrman
Jerry Hanagan
Scott Jones
John Longman
Christian Carrazco

Trip quick reporter:
Got there around 10:15am and main entrance was all muddy. We decided to head back to Pella and come back in a couple of hours once it was dryer and we could pass causing minimal damage to road and the farm it self. At this time Justin and wife decided to head back home and the rest of the crew head to Pella and came back at noon.

It was still muddy but way better than before. At the bridge area it was slippery and sloppy, Scott, John and I made it up with some minor difficulties; but in the middle of the bridge Jerry's jeep started to slip towards t passenger side and fell of the bridge (easy recovery) winched out and the rest of the Farm run was great.

No damage to report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_____
/l X| X ,[____],
l-   |    -OlllllllO-                  
()_)---()_)-o-)_)   Christian Carrazco

Offline ccarrazco

• JOCCI Member
Re: Memorial Day Farm Run
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:37:46 PM »

_____
/l X| X ,[____],
l-   |    -OlllllllO-                  

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:21:17 PM »
Usually the jeeps that have slid off the bridge (myself included) are facing the other direction, what happened there?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's

Offline ccarrazco

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »
Jerry didn't air down, so once he got to this area of the bridge which was all muddy and slippery so his jeep started sliding to the passenger side he turn his wheels that way for a second and next thing you know he fell of the bridge. We kept telling him passenger but it happened fast; at least we got a chance to do a winch 101

_____
/l X| X ,[____],
l-   |    -OlllllllO-                  

Offline Atch

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:50:22 PM »
Jerry didn't air down, so once he got to this area of the bridge which was all muddy and slippery so his jeep started sliding to the passenger side he turn his wheels that way for a second and next thing you know he fell of the bridge. We kept telling him passenger but it happened fast; at least we got a chance to do a winch 101

There's your problem"telling him passenger"  :D

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Stock for now...

Offline ccarrazco

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 07:51:19 PM »

There's your problem"telling him passenger"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hahaha I meant driver

_____
/l X| X ,[____],
l-   |    -OlllllllO-                  

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:40:45 PM »
It was exactly like watching nascar, but completly different! LOL
During a race they keep going left, left, left, left and I keep yelling, Go right, Go right! In this case we yelled driver driver driver but he kept going passenger. On the bright side we got to test my new winch, it works!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline Sjonezy

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 01:22:47 PM »
Actually, we tested Jerry's winch too!  :)
Scott

2005 TJ Rubicon
4.25" Zone Combo Lift (3" Suspension/1.25" Body), C.K. Fab bumpers (Moab tested), LED headlights, Poison Spyder sliders, Rubicon Express adjustable C.A.s, P.V.W DIY sPOD, rock lights, and on-trail mods ;)

Offline dabeave92

• BOD
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
The bridge has a slight slope that direction and there is a bit of a dip right where the bridge starts on the parking lot side.  My buddy in the Raptor got to that spot and wanted to make it up the hill so he gunned it.  Immediately his passenger rear slipped off the edge and dropped on his axle.  He stopped before his front fell off, thankfully.  How bad was this recovery? 
`*| :WheelingIt| *       <-----  This guy's name is Super Dave, Not Dave...
__ ☼|||||☼ __
|X| ...........
|X|            |X|
/   \ ______|X|  2010 JKU Chromicon

Offline ccarrazco

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
The bridge has a slight slope that direction and there is a bit of a dip right where the bridge starts on the parking lot side.  My buddy in the Raptor got to that spot and wanted to make it up the hill so he gunned it.  Immediately his passenger rear slipped off the edge and dropped on his axle.  He stopped before his front fell off, thankfully.  How bad was this recovery?

It wasn't that bad at all. Jerry had a winch so we got him strapped to a tree and his front side was on the bridge and then John helped him get up the hill; which at the same time got his rear again on the bridge. It took 15min maybe

_____
/l X| X ,[____],
l-   |    -OlllllllO-                  

Offline JKU4LIFE

• BOD
    • https://www.facebook.com/JKU4Life
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 07:20:08 AM »
I know what you mean about the dip Dave. I could feel mine grab that passenger rear corner as I crossed and it twisted me over a couple inches. Maybe we should take a shovel down and fill it before spring fling and could do a little trail trimming too. We don't want to scare off potential members in their new stock jeeps

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

|_____.....
 /l_l__,[__]
|-[-[--|''' -0llll0-
(O)_)-(O)_)--)_)

Offline pvanweelden

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »
Usually the jeeps that have slid off the bridge (myself included) are facing the other direction, what happened there?

I will just leave this here.... :)

JKUR, 35's, slabs, York oba, 3" enforcer, DL flip, bumpers, sliders, lots of switches, heated seats
TJ 4" lift, D44 LSD, ZJ Disc, 4.88, HP30 trussed, Spartan, 36" swampers, tube fenders, rear armor, sliders, custom rear bumper w spare tire, ammo cans, jerry cans,  smitty stinger, RC tie rod, steering box brace, skid, Currie AntiRock, SYE, LED's