JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Camp Hope: Farmington Missouri  (Read 613 times)

Offline Area-51

Camp Hope: Farmington Missouri
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »
Perhaps my last outing for a long time....as noted in another post, will be selling the Jeep for health reasons.

But what a great last outing, even if it was a shorter one day run.   Went down to Farmington Missouri to Camp Hope where the club I belong to in Missouri and many others Jeepers came together for a day of wheeling with some wounded veterans staying at Camp Hope http://www.chrisnealfarm.com/public/ for the weekend.   Camp Hope is located adjacent to the trails of the old Washita Off Road park (now only open for wheeling at limited times as it is not an off road park as the primary business).    We were able to hit the Washita trails right out of Camp Hope, so we arrived early in the morning, met with the vets and the staff at Camp Hope, and then loaded up.

In the end, we had far more Jeeps come to event than we thought were making it, and there were fewer vets that made it out for the weekend than they originally had expected (our ratio of Jeeps to vets and staff that wanted to ride was about 3 to 1) so I did not end up with the privilege of a vet riding with me, but as a group, we made sure they all had a good time.    Here are the pics the wife took of the trip....most of the pics are of the other Jeeps where a vet was riding along as she wanted to get as many pics for them as she could.

http://picasaweb.google.com/109428323777688064111/CampHope?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNrZ1LjRpe2VLA&feat=directlink

Very fun run for the day.

2015 Rubicon Hard Rock - some mods

Offline Bill S

• JOCCI Member
Re: Camp Hope: Farmington Missouri
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
Looks like everyone had fun!
08 JKU