JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: Scout Campout and Jeeping Demo – October 20th-22nd - Wheeling on Saturday Oct 21  (Read 165 times)

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
After our May Jeeping campout got cancelled due to rain, the boys from my son’s boy scout troop said they would like to try again for our October campout. 

The scouts will be camping at the farm from Friday Evening to Sunday morning with a Jeeping Demo on Saturday. 

For this, we are looking for a few experienced people to come out on Saturday October 21st who are willing to give the boys rides on some of the more tame obstacles.  We also show them some of the more difficult things as they observe from a safe distance. 

We ask you to complete the national BSA Youth Protection Training prior to attending.  It's web based and takes about 20 minutes to complete.  It's available for free online at: www.myscouting.org

Just think of how many future Jeep owners we will have after this experience!

Who's in?

I had to change the weekend to the October 20th-22nd since a lot of boys had a school conflict on the 14th.

:camp1 :camping :hiker :JeepIt :Woot :JeepIt :hiker :camp1 :camping :hiker :hiker
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:15:23 AM by JK Joe »
'13 JKU Rubicon  AEV 4.5RS   35s

Offline Cvalcore

• Forum Only Member
Where will this be held at?

Offline JK Joe

• JOCCI Member
Hi Cvalvore,  I just updated the post to clarify that.  This outing will be at "the farm".  It is the strip mine that most local JOCCI wheeling events are at.
'13 JKU Rubicon  AEV 4.5RS   35s

Offline Cvalcore

• Forum Only Member
 Would it be ok to have some cub scouts join your group possibly? I have a jeep and i am bsa trained also. I would have to run it by the rest of the pack first but i thought i would ask.

Offline Cvalcore

• Forum Only Member
Im talking about just at the farm for the wheeling part. And it could maybe just the webelos and bears becouse there older.

Offline GeckoGlow

• BOD
  • I'm here for the wheelin'
Bummer! I was planning to help out with this, but just now realized the date changed to a weekend I won't be around.
'13 JK Wrangler - The wheeling rig
'01 WJ Grand Cherokee - The daily & farm runner