JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Author Topic: No AC  (Read 354 times)

Offline SN95GT50

• JOCCI Member
No AC
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
Tried the AC a few weeks ago for the first time this year, and no cold air.  About 1.5 years ago I replaced the heater core and then had the AC re-filed and it worked fine all last summer.  Anyone have any advice on diagnosing AC, I have never worked on one before.

Thanks,
John
2005 Wrangler X
Basically Stock

Offline Sjonezy

• JOCCI Member
Re: No AC
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »
I went to Wally World and picked up a recharging kit with a gauge. The can had seal conditioner/sealer in with the R22. I charged the system to full and it's been good ever since. Besides, it's a Jeep, drop the top and loose the doors!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Scott

2005 TJ Rubicon
4.25" Zone Combo Lift (3" Suspension/1.25" Body), C.K. Fab bumpers (Moab tested), LED headlights, Poison Spyder sliders, Rubicon Express adjustable C.A.s, P.V.W DIY sPOD, rock lights, and on-trail mods ;)

Offline Mustang68

• Forum Only Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »
Tried the AC a few weeks ago for the first time this year, and no cold air.  About 1.5 years ago I replaced the heater core and then had the AC re-filed and it worked fine all last summer.  Anyone have any advice on diagnosing AC, I have never worked on one before.

Thanks,
John
You could take it to Higgins Plaza Service on Douglas ave

They are good to deal with

As a side note how was chicken coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JustinS

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »
Carx will diagnose for free

Offline Rubi Rob

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:24:16 AM »
I do what Scott does to my 12 year old van and 10 year old motorhome every spring. Just understand the directions and don't over fill. It's really EZ.

Offline SN95GT50

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »
Checked the relay, it was ok.  Compressor clutch was not kicking on.  Headed to CarX this morning, pretty much empty of coolant.  They filled the system with coolant and dye ($140).  Pulled ut the black light and found the high pressure service port was leaking.  Replaced valve and recheck with dye, didn't find any further leaks.  Blowing cold again.  Total bill out the door $145 & change.  Well worth it to take it there.
2005 Wrangler X
Basically Stock

Offline JustinS

• JOCCI Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 04:05:48 PM »
Checked the relay, it was ok.  Compressor clutch was not kicking on.  Headed to CarX this morning, pretty much empty of coolant.  They filled the system with coolant and dye ($140).  Pulled ut the black light and found the high pressure service port was leaking.  Replaced valve and recheck with dye, didn't find any further leaks.  Blowing cold again.  Total bill out the door $145 & change.  Well worth it to take it there.

Nice! Ive always had good luck with carx