JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
JOCCI Store - Want To Buy / Rear swaybar end links
« Last post by TaterTot on Today at 09:30:52 AM »
I’m wondering if anyone has any rear swaybar endlinks for a JK that are longer than stock. 2.5” with stock links isn’t working out. Length needed are roughly 12-13” links.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2
Builds / Re: No more open-open
« Last post by SN95GT50 on February 18, 2018, 12:01:49 PM »
Made some good progress, took calipers off yesterday, pretty rusty, will be hitting them with a wire wheel today, thought about replacing, cost was a bit much since they will just look like crap again.

Friday I order the Trak Lok rebuild, went with the carbon fiber version, should be here Tuesday.

Still trying decide what I am doing with the front axle, no luck so far finding a reasonably priced 4.10 axle, I may just do a re-gear on the Dana 30 and slide a lunchbox in at the same time.

Since the pics, added the ebrake cables.

Here are some eye candy, forgive the pics, drove over my phone while wheeling, the Jeep is fine.

3
Builds / Re: No more open-open
« Last post by SN95GT50 on February 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
If it is the post I saw, they were looking for Dana 35 Locker.  But,  I appreciate it.  Now if you see someone with a front axle with 4.10s, please give me a shout.

Thanks,
John
4
Builds / Re: Mini cj2a build
« Last post by pvanweelden on February 16, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »
Seat frames are done. Need to sew the canvas for cushions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5
Information About Our Club / Re: 2018-1 January Meeting Minutes
« Last post by ccarrazco on February 14, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
I can take pictures and running groups to the farm as needed . I already booked my self, so I don’t have anything else going on this day.

Cool! We didn't set June 2nd as the date for the Spring Fling quite yet. We're hoping that next week's meeting has a little more attendance, so we have a better idea of the club's availability, then we will make the date official.

I won’t be able to make it to this meeting. But my vote if for June 2nd.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6
Information About Our Club / Re: 2018-1 January Meeting Minutes
« Last post by GeckoGlow on February 14, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »
I can take pictures and running groups to the farm as needed . I already booked my self, so I don’t have anything else going on this day.

Cool! We didn't set June 2nd as the date for the Spring Fling quite yet. We're hoping that next week's meeting has a little more attendance, so we have a better idea of the club's availability, then we will make the date official.
7
Information About Our Club / Re: 2018-1 January Meeting Minutes
« Last post by ccarrazco on February 14, 2018, 09:05:25 AM »
I can take pictures and running groups to the farm as needed . I already booked my self, so I don’t have anything else going on this day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8
Builds / Re: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep
« Last post by JustinS on February 12, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
I've had some dead batteries do some weird stuff that you wouldn't expect.
9
Builds / Re: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep
« Last post by GeckoGlow on February 12, 2018, 07:35:06 AM »
This Jeep decided to steal most of my Saturday. After driving 100 yds from Luke's house, everything went dead. Spent all afternoon messing around with the Jeep in the cold and walking back and forth through the snow. Finally ended up with a new battery and drove it home.

Now, on the way to work this morning, DEATH WOBBLE!! I guess I'll have some new parts to install soon...
10
Information About Our Club / 2018-1 January Meeting Minutes
« Last post by GeckoGlow on February 11, 2018, 12:59:07 PM »
January 16, 2018

In Attendance:
Ryan Weaverling - President
John Longman - Vice President
Ryan Hildreth - Treasurer
Bob Briles
Bill Dane
David Doolittle
Tony Feldmann
Jon Fetters
Jerry Hannagan Sr.
Randall John
Scott Jones
Darin Nelson
Justin Scherrman
John Schiefer
Jim Shanks
Nate Skeries
Bill Slaikeu
Paul VanWeelden
Craig Weuve
Rick & Gloria Armstrong

Secretary’s Report:
• Ty Knox was absent
• Reading of the December Minutes:
   o Motion to add minutes into record, seconded, and carried unanimously

Treasurer’s Report:
• Statement Beginning Balance (12/14/17): $6,867.00
• Statement Ending Balance (1/12/18): $6,937.31
   o See attached document for full details

Vice President’s Report:
• Nothing to report

President’s Report:
• Nothing to report

Potential New Members and Visitors:
• Rick & Gloria Armstrong - ’17 JKU w/ leveling kit

Recurring Club Business:
• The Farm
   o Nothing to report
• Iowa Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs
   o Someone in eastern IA has contacts, Paul is looking into it more

Event Reviews:
• Farm Run, December 23rd
   o Cold and the hills were slick
• Holiday Party, January 13th
   o Great food and good times
   o Shop was a bit chilly, but nothing a couple blankets wouldn’t fix
   o Motion to purchase Aaron Bakerink gift card(s) totaling $100 (+ fees) for restaurant(s) and Thank You card for hosting party
      - Seconded, and carried unanimously

Upcoming Events:
• Colorado 2018
   o July 22nd-27th
      - Randall will be headed to Ouray
      - IJC will have members in Telluride the same week
• Rubicon Trail 2018
   o Date TBD
• IJC Open House @ Cambridge
   o Will be in the Spring

Recent Talk ‘n Tunes:
• None

Upcoming Talk ‘n Tunes:
• Ty has fenders to be installed
• Bill S. is getting a steering box replaced

New Business:
• Spring Fling 2018
   o Date: Saturday, June 2nd
      - Most are OK with this date, tabled for next meeting to confirm date
   o Committees: “Will get it figured out.”
      - Justin S. volunteered for running HQ
   o Goal for this year: Get more photography
• Winch Education Program
   o John Schiefer has been working on getting representatives from winch manufacturers to come showcase their products and teach about their usage
   o Would like to hold event at a location in central Iowa
• Discussion on making member info available to other members
• JOCCI Officer Election
   o Nominations for Secretary closed
      - 1 nomination: Justin Scherrman
      - Justin is voted into Secretary position
   o Nominations for President closed
      - 1 nomination: Scott Jones
      - Scott is voted into President position

Adjourn Regular Business:
• Motioned, seconded, and carried
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10