JOCCI

Our Mission: To offer Jeep Enthusiasts and their families an opportunity to meet and to participate in numerous outdoor activities.

News:

JEEP OUTDOOR CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Builds / Re: DUB-J: The Other Green Jeep
« Last post by GeckoGlow on June 17, 2018, 07:25:44 PM »
All 4 of the front UCA bushings were replaced last weekend. It does drive down the road better, but I'm still getting some shaking in the steering wheel in the 40-50 mph range. I might take a look at the bushings in the lower arms next.

The front of the oil pan and rear main seal have been leaking for at least 7 years. Now that the Jeep is in my hands, I put an end to that earlier this week. While under there, I noticed the Rzeppa joint boot, on the front driveshaft at the transfer case, was torn. So now I'm running around in a 2WD Jeep.

On very rare occasions, it feels as if the transmission slips into neutral. It happened to my sister a few times and only done it once since I've had it. I was able to coast into a parking lot and when I slowed down to about 5 mph, it shifted back into gear and everything was normal again. At 148k miles, I don't think the fluid has ever been changed and that's way overdue. I'll drop the pan and see what I see.
« Last post by JustinS on June 17, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
 You leaking from every nook and cranny?
Builds / Re: Justin's Project Log 2.0
« Last post by JustinS on June 17, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
Lol.  I've been making progress on this but it requires me to weld so I've been teaching myself to do that.  Its going ok.
Builds / Re: Justin's Project Log 2.0
« Last post by SN95GT50 on June 17, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
An old Jeep and a young guy named Sherman, this Jeep just names itself... the Wayback machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Last post by SN95GT50 on June 17, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
Parts to fix things!

Those dowels that come with the Felpro gaskets work fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Builds / Re: No more open-open
« Last post by Morg on June 17, 2018, 12:12:52 AM »
Nice  :HiFive
Calendar of Events / Re: Jeep show / swap meet in Martensdale
« Last post by GeckoGlow on June 16, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
Whats this? On Facebook [which I dont have, but wifey does] there is discussion about a Jeep show / swap meet today. Nothing here on the forum about it.
Are any of you going to this?

The forum doesn't see a whole lot of action. A majority of discussions have moved to Facebook.
And I'm not going. I plan to do other stuff today.
Calendar of Events / Re: Jeep show / swap meet in Martensdale
« Last post by SN95GT50 on June 16, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »
I plan to head down for it. 
Calendar of Events / Jeep show / swap meet in Martensdale
« Last post by SUPER DOUG on June 16, 2018, 08:24:30 AM »
Whats this? On Facebook [which I dont have, but wifey does] there is discussion about a Jeep show / swap meet today. Nothing here on the forum about it.
Are any of you going to this?
Calendar of Events / Re: Farm run fathers day weekend saturday
« Last post by SUPER DOUG on June 16, 2018, 08:15:45 AM »
Guess its a no go for the farm today.  :'(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10